Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"It's worth it."

"It's worth it."

This is the phrase I seem to be repeating to myself a lot recently. Fortunately I've been doing it in my head and so I I haven't gotten any weird looks from people (except maybe from my wife because I'm pretty sure she can read my mind). The reason I've been repeating this to myself is because, quite frankly, life is a little overwhelming right now. My friends are starting to wonder if I'm still alive, my wife is starting to wonder if "game night with the guys" has been extended to every night of the week, and my dog is making bets with my car over who's going to go the longest without getting a bath. Needless to say, a lot of people and things are being neglected in my life. The reason, of course, is the insane amount of time it takes to get a teaching credential, work a job, and make lessons for students that both teach them something and keep them from falling asleep.

"It's worth it."

This is what I tell myself when I see the lightbulb go on in a student's eyes after you give them an answer to a question that is bouncing around in their heads. This is what I tell myself when a teacher thanks me deeply for covering a class for them so they could attend to something urgent. This is what I tell myself when a student thanks me for staying with them after school to help them proofread and edit an essay they wrote. This is what I tell myself when I stay up late at night trying to help some of my fellow teacher candidates solve some technical difficult so they can meet a TPA deadline.

"It's worth it."

This is what I tell any person reading my blog who is going the extra mile for anyone, whether they are at home or at work. I guarantee you that someone knows what you're doing and someone greatly appreciate it. Your reward is not monetary, it is not physicial, it is not anything you can touch with your fingers. Your reward is the profound impact you are having on someone's life through your selfless acts, hard work, blood, seat and tears. You are making a difference and no matter how difficult it is what you're doing...

"It's worth it!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Josh! Now give me $85 dollars, and I may feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete