Monday, May 7, 2012

Teaching Technology to Others

So, something we've been working on in our EDSS 530 is creating our own PLN, a Personal Learning Network. Something I've realized more recently though is that the creating of this network is something we should be sharing with others who don't have one. Recently I was talking to one of the teachers as my clinical practice and showing them my digital reflection project. In my project I used YouTube, Prezi, and Screencast-O-Matic. When I showed her the project and explained all the tools she was instantly interested in how she could use it in her own classroom. These were tools she hadn't used in her classroom but was very interested in using. As a result, I offered to show her and other teachers in the English department how to use them and she thought it would be a great idea. Consequently, myself and another student teacher are going to design a short presentation and show several teachers how to use these great tools. To me this is such a great opportunity as not only am I displaying to them new things I can bring to school to teach students but I am also giving them tools they can use themselves in their own classrooms. To me, this is just as important as learning and using the tools myself. After all, the point of using all these tools is to enhance our own learning, the learning of our students, and our effectiveness as teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment