Sunday, May 6, 2012

You Can't Save Them All

"Doctors bury their mistakes, lawyers get sued by them, and teachers graduate them." - Anonymous Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that at first I laughed when I heard this. However, as I started to think about it more and more I became serious. I began to reflect on what this actually meant and I came up with two conclusions. The first is that you can't save all your students. The second is that even though the first statement is true, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If we are all honest with ourselves we should be able to admit that some students will indeed slip through our fingers. No amount of excellent teaching combined with determination will change that. However, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't do whatever is within our power to make sure as many students as possible enjoy a successful academic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment